Translate

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Raffle Dress Skirt



a basic A-line skirt pattern, and then altered it. First, I cut out a triangle over my left thigh on the front piece.
Then I made the back longer in the center, like a fishtail skirt
Next I made three pieces shaped like this
The longest one was 9 inches at the longest part of the circle, the next was 7 inches, and then 5 inches. I used my new serger to do a rolled hem on the edges of these three pieces. Where the fabric stretched, I got a lettice effect, which was not planned but I like it. Then I lay those three pieces on top of each other and basted them together across the top.
I pinned this to the skirt front like this
And sewed it in place
Finally I made a bunch of 5 inch wide circle ruffle, did a rolled edge hem on it,  and sewed it all the way around the bottom of the skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment